[GRASS-user] Long post - Remote Sensing - Classifications

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 21:25:40 EST 2009

mitch wrote:
> How do I actually save a color composite image as a raster?
> I couldn't find r.composite :working:..too much work.

GRASS> cd $GISBASE/etc/gm/
GRASS> less gmmenu.tcl
/composite  [Enter]
up up up

it's in "Raster -> Manage map colors -> Create RGB"

there was a wish a while ago to build a menu tree for the commands, not
sure if it went anywhere. Maybe something could be built into
tools/module_synopsis.sh (add a line of text under each module descr with
italicized a->b->c menu location?)

[note to self: update the synopsis PDF for 6.4.0]

> The other question is something that has been getting me
> crazy for a couple of days: classifications.
> (GUI: Imagery → Classify Image → Clustering input for
> unsupervised classification)
> output
> Reading image ...
> Iteration 1: % Convergence: 80.00 (0s elapsed, 0s left)
> Iteration 2: % Convergence: 100.00 (0s elapsed, 0s left)
>
> (Pretty short output, innit?)

perhaps the computational region is different than the map's?

config -> region -> change region -> set region to match this raster map

???

Moritz:
> There were issues in 6.3 with the GUI appending @MAPSET to names
> whereas the i.* commands couldn't deal with such names. This was
> corrected since (but probably after 6.3 came out).

I would say "mitigated" not "corrected". The imagery modules generally
still don't like to look at maps in @othermapsets, and generally don't
like @currentmapset tacked on map names either. But hopefully it breaks
less now and exits with an understandable error message. The imagery libs
need some TLC.

Hamish