[GRASS-user] v.digit

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Feb 19 12:22:36 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 18:14 +0100, FAROUX STEPHANIE wrote:
> Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >> Yes i forgot to connect but it isn't enough to work...
> >>

> > And... what exactly does db.connect -p say?
> >

> driver:dbf
> database:$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/australia2.dbf
> schema:(null)
> group:toto
>
> I destroyed my vector layer and tried to make a new one...
> Is there a place in the documentation where this action is described?
> For the moment i have no database in the dbf directory. I don't remember
> how i get one before (i had the database before i destroy my vector)

If you still have the initial database then you just need to re-connect
to it. _If_ I am guessing right (right now, from memory) you have to
execute something like:

v.db.reconnect.all old_database=
$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/australia.dbf
new_database=database:
$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/australia2.dbf

Hopefully this helps. If not then I will try to have a more precise look
at it later, or a grass-db magician on the list can solve this out.

Kind regards, Nikos