[GRASS-user] improve v.rast.stats speed?

Jose Gómez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 07:30:43 EST 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 19 February 2009 13:20:52 G. Allegri wrote:
> I've just tried Starspan but it's performance is still too slow. I've
> let it run for 15 minutes...

I think I've seen your name in the scipy mailing list. My take on this is to
rasterize my vector data with gdal_rasterize (you can have a look at the
rasterisation code and see how it works, in case you need to eg buffer your
vector data), load it up in python, load my dataset in python, and calculate
whatever stats with scipy+numpy. If  you look at this thread, you'll find it
is very fast:
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.user/19412>.

Hope that helps!
Jose

--
Remote Sensing Unit           | Env. Monitoring and Modelling Group
Dept. of Geography            | Dept. of Geography