[GRASS-user] v.digit

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Feb 20 12:19:18 EST 2009

On 20/02/09 11:14, FAROUX STEPHANIE wrote:

> Ok it works; now i have a little problem: i try to make a outline and i
> have difficulty to close it. My map is global at 1/120° resolution;
> maybe it's linked to the big distances?
> I changed the threshold in the settings but it doesn't seem to be
> enough....

Snapping has never worked correctly for me in the gis.m digitizer.
Work-around is to draw the boundaries and then move one of the nodes
which you want to snap to the other. Sometimes, you have to move it away
a bit before moving it back towards the other node, and then snapping works.

It works very well in the new wxGUI, which I would generally recommend
as being superior to the old digitizer.

Moritz