[GRASS-user] grass-gdal ubuntu issue solved (?)

wout bijkerk wout.bijkerk at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 22 15:09:49 EST 2009

Jachym Cepicky schreef:
> Hi,
>
> maybe some of you, ubuntu users, could not import any vector file using
> v.in.ogr properly.
>
> I have updated fresh packages of grass & gdal to
> http://les-ejk.cz/ubuntu repository
>
> I hope, it works now. I had to remove the gdal-ruby bindings, to be able
> to compile the gdal package.
>
> Please, let me know, if it works no not.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jachym

Hello Jachym,

I upgraded to the new version, on the ubuntu repository and then tried
to import 2 shapefiles, each in a different location. Both were imported
well and without any problems, in contrast to the ones I tried to import
a month ago which gave a buffer overflow. So... great job, thanks,

Regards,

Wout Bijkerk