[GRASS-user] Calculating eigen values and % variance explained after PCA analysis

Wesley Roberts wroberts at csir.co.za
Wed Feb 25 07:21:37 EST 2009

Thanks Hamish,

I see that I would need to upgrade to 6.4 using svn. I currently install using synaptic, does this mean I need to compile from source and then add the m.eigensystem addon?

Not sure about f77, is this a fortran compiler? I have gfortran compiler version 4.2.3, will this do?

Thanks
Wesley

Nikos wrote:
> There is still m.eigensystem with which one can manually
> build Principal Components and get all values. But I am not
> sure how to compile it (anymore)

works for me.

cd grass-addons/misc/m.eigensystem
make MODULE_TOPDIR=/usr/local/src/grass-svn/releasebranch_6_4

is f77 installed?

Hamish