[GRASS-user] DEM generation with v.surf.rst and isolines

Seeger, Manuel manuel.seeger at wur.nl
Thu Feb 26 11:34:22 EST 2009

Great advices!
Thanks to Mark and Moritz

________________________________

	From: grass-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:grass-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of M S
	Sent: donderdag 26 februari 2009 17:25
	To: Christian Braun
	Cc: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
	Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] DEM generation with v.surf.rst and
isolines

	I found this link from the GRASS wiki to be quite helpful.

	http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/interpgen.html

	Mark

	On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Christian Braun
<christian.braun at tudor.lu> wrote:

		Dear list members,

		I am currently working on the generation of a hydrologic
correct DEM.
		As base data I have isolines on a 20k scale and 60000
fix height points for whole Luxembourg (approx. 2500km^2)
		I tried first v.surf.rst with the isoline input and it
generates in the region of valleys and plateaus artificial artifacts
where it isn't able to gather enough data in range of the isolines. It
is clearly visible that these represent the segmentation windows of the
algorythm.
		Because of the processing time (>20h for a small area) I
shifted to v.to.points in combination with v.surf.rst and try to include
also the fix height points for the interpolation.
		Can you tell me some suitable parameters to start with
for v.surf.rst in context of using isolines as input. In areas with
higher slope I have plenty of representation but I don't have data in
flat areas like valleys and plateaus.

		Thanks in advance and greetings from Luxembourg,
		Christian

		Dipl. Geogr. Christian Braun
		Tel: +352- 425991-608
		Mobil: +49-179-6845896
		Mail: christian.braun at tudor.lu

		Resource Centre for Environmental Technologies,
		Public Research Centre Henri Tudor,
		Technoport Schlassgoart,
		66 rue de Luxembourg,
		P.O. BOX 144,