[GRASS-user] categories in raster map

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 22:07:15 EST 2009

Moritz wrote:
> I do see that the man page might not be particularly clear
> on its usage (the Description part only mentions printing,
> not managing labels

fixed in svn.

> and the part on dynamic labels is a bit cryptic).

as the result of a bit of cut & paste reorder so things are used before
they are introduced. If anyone is keen, feel free to improve that.

I am note sure about the status of floating point ranges, the man page
says:

5.5:5:9 label description

but I'm not sure I understand that without looking in the code.
(range or discrete values? range would be nice)

I seem to remember that d.legend used to be able to show cat labels for
floating point maps, but also seem to recall that wasn't working the
last time I tried. Probably need to check to see if it works in grass5.4
and go from there.

Hamish