[GRASS-user] Determine surface areas

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Feb 27 05:31:56 EST 2009

Hi,

one possibility is:

1) create vector-map with Eiffeltower-coordinate as point
2) v.buffer
3) v.to.rast ... => "eiffelbuffer"
4) r.mask ("eiffelbuffer")
5) r.mapcalc ... "watercells" if (landcover==water,1,null())
6) r.sum rast="watercells"

for (exact) syntax please read the manuals.

If any problems occur, just tell.

Hope I could help,

Achim