[GRASS-user] RE: NVIZ problem

Darrel Maddy darrel.maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Jan 2 15:17:55 EST 2009

Many thanks for the suggestions. I tried for more hours than I care to admit to solve this without success.

I eventually removed the HD4870 and exchanged it for my old nvidia 8800GTS. GRASS now works in intrepid64 (although it is 6.2!). I could not get 6.4 to compile but I probably gave up too easily (it was late last night) and I will try again shortly.

Interesting GRASS also works on my Vista64 bit machine with the HD4870 catalyst drivers installed (although installation of the catalyst drivers was not a simple matter!).

Why does working in 64bit seem to cause so many driver issues! Both of my machines have >4Gb ram and I simply want/need to use it. I always knew Vista was a pain but this has also shaken my trust in linux.

Anyhow I now have both systems working so I am happy - for now :).

Thanks again for all the help.

Darrel

Prof Darrel Maddy
Chair of Quaternary Sciences