[GRASS-user] Import / mapset problem

Koen Hufkens koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be
Thu Jan 8 17:44:54 EST 2009

Hi list,

I've got some issues with importing data into a mapset.

I have been working on data that I imported into GRASS without any
problems up until today. I noticed that although I import everything
into a x, y lattice with no geospatial reference data some of my
recent files get other parameters and do not align with my previous
ones.

All maps are tiff files with the same x, y size and should align
perfectly however some have mapunits 2.4 (m? could be possible as this
is roughly the spatial resolution of the image) others have mapunits
1. Futhermore, the older data seems to have been in some kind of
projection as the cursor values display not the expected x y range
corresponding to the number of pixels in the image. I suspect that
this difference is the cause of my problems.

However, I do use r.in.gdal with the overwrite protection settings so
normally everything should have been imported without spatial
reference data that could be embedded in the (geo)tiff header, or am I
mistaken.

Any ideas why my first files still have some spatial reference data
embedded even after explicitly saying not to use them at import? Any
solutions to get rid of unwanted geotiff headers?

Kind regards,
Koen