[GRASS-user] r.le.patch no output

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 9 17:33:39 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Koen Hufkens <koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I experience some really strange behaviour across all my platforms for
> r.le.patch. Whatever I throw at it I get no output... the output says
> tracing patch etc.... but no results are recorded. I experience similar
> behaviour with large filenames some time ago but all files I use have no
> extreme long input or output filenames.
>
> A simple command like:
>
> r.le.patch map=map sam=w siz=s1 out=tmp

Koen,

please send us an example for the Spearfish or the North Carolina
data set (step by step preferred). Otherwise it is hard to replicate.

> gives nothing on all my computers...

What means "gives nothing"? No "tmp" map is created?
It is created but empty (0 or NULL or ..)? Please specify.

Thanks
Markus

> My mac workstation that does the heavy
> work. My laptop I use for testing and writing code... All of them got
> infected with the r.le.patch not working bug. Has anyone experienced similar
> behaviour?
>
> I find it very strange that every single one experiences the same behaviour
> although they were fine just a few days back. I'm running 6.3.0-2 across all
> systems (mac and  linux)
>
> Kind regards,
> Koen

Open Source Geospatial Foundation