[GRASS-user] Datum in new grass location

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 10 07:23:20 EST 2009

(please keep the conversation on the list)

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:37 PM, edmondo.elisei
<edmondo.elisei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Markus,
>
> now I've followed your procedure:
> from spearfish60 location (PERMANENT):
> "g.proj -c epsg=23033 location=ed50 "
> grass said:
>
> "Datum <unknown> not recognised by GRASS and no parameters found.
>
> Location ed50 created!"
>
> I've never encountered this problem before I installed 6.3svn

The message comes from
lib/proj/convert.c

Questions:
- did you change your installation (or of PROJ4)?
- could you use GRASS 6.4.0RC1 instead to see if the
  problem persists (it works for me with that version):
  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/6.4.0RC1-News
?

Markus