[GRASS-user] v.colors

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 10 15:20:10 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Paolo Craveri <pcraveri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying v.colors with a points map; I get this error message:
>
>  v.colors points column=cat rgb_column=GRASSRGB color=rainbow
>
> Sorry, < min> is not a valid parameter
>

> ERROR: Required parameter <message> not set:

Ciao Paolo,

this indicates that the parser.c file was modified (I guess you
updates it somehow?) and that

 make distclean
 ./configure ...
 make
 [make install]

is needed to recompile GRASS completely. Also most other GRASS
commands will fail for you if lib/gis/parser.c was modified without
clean recompilation.
Unrelated to v.colors, just coincidence...

(see the archive for other messages with "magically" shifted parameter
 names, always above problem).

After recompilation, v.colors and the rest should work.

Hope this helps,
Markus