[GRASS-user] A "list=" option for "v.overlay"?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Jan 10 23:58:21 EST 2009

Wouldn't it make sense to have a "list=" option for "v.overlay"?

I need to extract samples from the CORINE land cover/use (vector) map in
separate maps (one map per sample plot).

Currently the only feasible way I see is:
(1) put v.extract in a "for" loop and extract the sample plots in
separate maps.
(2)  use v.overlay in a loop over all samples plot maps.

But this is not "nice" if let's say the sample plots are thousands.
Thanks in advance, Nikos