[GRASS-user] GIS Manager, d.vect, and missing labels

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jan 14 22:12:31 EST 2009

Matt wrote:

> >> 3) Typing the example into the bottom window of GIS.m and press ing
> >> the run button, the color map appears in the Map Display 1 window, but
> >> there are no labels,
> >
> > I find it surprising that you can actually display the map that way. I don't
> > think that should be possible.
>
> I don't know what else I did to make me think approach 3 worked.  You
> of course are correct, it doesn't work.   How do you know which
> commands will work from the lower window of GIS.m, and which commands
> will not work from that window?

Display (d.*) commands will work insofar as they will generate an
image file, but they won't cause the resulting image to be displayed
in the GUI.

However, as you can't set environment variables from the command
window, you won't be able to control where the image file is created,
its format, size, etc.

If you want to view the output from a specific display command in the
GUI, create a command layer (the gear icon).