[GRASS-user] generating lines from points

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 12:01:52 EST 2009

Hi,

2009/1/18 Paolo Craveri <pcraveri at gmail.com>:
> Martin,
> I'm working on a script to create an area from a list of cat (here
> attached), useful when we want areas from gps waypoints without direct
> editing by users.

thanks, I have already working script [1]. Anyway this approach is not
possible because of the number of the generated lines (for the first
sample I have to generate more then 2e4 lines). Sure, you can generate
lines directly in PostGIS, but it would be nice to have something in
GRASS.

The more lines you need to generate the longer list of categories will
be, not possible to give the list as the parameter. Then v.edit could
read categories from stdin, simillary to v.net.path. Hm, what about
v.net? New tool to generate network from points?

v.net input=points output=net operation=lines line_file=- << EOF
1 1 2
2 2 3
EOF

creates edges between points 1-2 and 2-3 with category 1 and 2?

Martin

[1] http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/svn/landa/trunk/programming/sjtsk05/vect2grass.py

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *