[GRASS-user] Character encoding problem

JanaKr jkrajc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 09:09:05 EST 2009

It was an interesting idea with open office (I didn't know I can open dbf
file there). I used it to convert the dbf encoding to UTF-8. Now, when I use
db.select for displaying the table, all CE fonts are OK. Nevertheless, when
I graphically display the data, the CE characters are missing. It seems to
me that missing fonts are the problem. I tried to set different fonts using
d.font but it didn't help.
Can I somehow add fonts to GRASS and if so, can anyone give me advice where
to obtain them?

Jana