[GRASS-user] connect points to end points via v.net

Christopher Mire cnm3332 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:33:48 EST 2009

Hello, I have a problem that I am considering doing some manual coding for,
but thought I would check here for easier way first.  I'm new to grass, so
there
are still alot of things I don't know.

Basically I have this huge vector map which
is mostly connected.  Problem is that there are a bunch of intersections of
lines
that dont actually connected together, due to way data was put together.
Instead I
have another vector map which is just a bunch of points.  Usually these
points all
correspond to one of these disconnected intersections.  What I want to do is
connect each point to all of the unconnected end points within some
threshold
distance.  My plan is to use v.net.path on network, but I need to have it
all
connected so this is why I am doing this.  I know there is v.net, but this
connects points to a line, where as I only want to connected points to the
end points of a line, or even connecting to line, but only if endpoint of
line is
within threshold.

I was thinking about modifying v.net to have option on what to connect to,
specify option to only connect to endpoints instead of anywhere on line.
Does
this sound reasonable, or is there way to get this behavior another way?

Thanks.