[GRASS-user] Aspect direction in r.slope.aspect

Moskovitz, Bob Bob.Moskovitz at conservation.ca.gov
Wed Jan 21 12:48:12 EST 2009

Thank you for the tip.  Btw, I was made aware of this "problem" when a coworker took our landslide hazard workflow and tried to apply it to grass.  Everything look great, but when we took another look at the various layers, we were shocked to see how aspect was defined.  I know...we should have read the manuals, but everybody knows how aspect is defined.  Anyways, we can live with another step in our process, but it would be great if there was a document that shows the differences between GIS systems (such as ESRI, MapInfo, etc), so that we can keep surprises at a minimum. :-)

Bob Moskovitz
Research Analyst I
Seismic Hazard Evaluation Project
California Geological Survey
http://gmw.consrv.ca.gov/shmp

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message contains information from the State of California, California Geological Survey, which may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.