[GRASS-user] raster analysis sectorwise as in a pie chart

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 04:40:10 EST 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:46:02 -0800 (PST)
Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Otto Dassau wrote:
> > I would like to analyse elevation data (slope, aspect, etc) around a
> > point with a defined radius. For my analysis I would like to devide
> > that circle into several sectors 1,5,10,x degree steps, like a pie.
> >
> > Is that possible in GRASS? Are there people who did
> > something similar? Any hints and ideas are welcome.
>
> r.reclass into range bands, then
> d.histogram style=pie   (perhaps rendered into a corner sub- d.frame)
> or somehow into a vector DB + 'd.vect.chart ctype=pie'

thanks for your suggestion, but maybe my description was not very clear. I would
like to split data into spatial sectors and then start my analysis. E.g.:

a) Create a 1km buffer around a coordinate
b) Split this circle into sections (subareas) with a certain degree value. If I
choose 1 degree the circle would be devided into 360 subareas
c) Do my analysis in each sector

I am thinking about a solution for b)

regards,
 Otto