[GRASS-user] starspan with grass support compilation failure

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:07:08 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:22 AM, Nikos Alexandris
<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 18:05 +0100, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
>> Not sure if I should post this here. I have a problem compiling starspan
>> with support for GRASS.
>>
>> # configuring reports no problems
>> ./configure --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn
>>
>> # attempt to compile...
>> make
>>
>> [...]
>> src/stats/Stats.cc:232: error: 'sort' was not declared in this scope
>> make: *** [Stats.o] Error 1
>>
>> The same problem appears also with a bare "./configure".
>
> The same error appears with all of the three versions of starspan
> 1.2.01, 1.2.02, 1.2.03.
>
> Perhaps it's not starspan-related.

Hmm. Check the archives for Jonathan Greenberg -- he is one of the
lead developers. It would be nice to get starspan into OSGEO so that
questions / code patches ect. can be handled in an efficient manner.
Starspan is an emmensly important GIS tool, but suffers from a lack of
developers, documentation, and bug handling.

Perhaps I should take these comments to the OSGEO mailing list... What
do you think Jonathan?

Cheers,

Dylan