[GRASS-user] some problems in grass622 (ubuntu binaries)

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Jan 31 11:54:01 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 13:00 +0100, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 13:31 +0200, orkun wrote:
> > thank you
> >
> > As far as I see from the url address you have
> > given there is similar problem with GRASS 6.4.0RC2.
> >

> > regards
>
> Orkun,
>
> give it a try to get latest stuff. You'll see it probably will work.
> BTW, which version of gdal do you have installed currently?
>
> Nikos

Orkun,

my apologies for returning in this post. I see (in another thread) that
you try to compile grass70 (=grass_trunk). I was not very clear when I
wrote "try to get latest stuff".

If you want a "workable+safe" grass installation then you should
probably get latest grass64 or grass65(=grass6_devel). I think that
developers will agree that grass7 is still under "heavy development".

(Or maybe I am wrong... ?)

I have no problems compiling grass63, grass64 and grass65 under Ubuntu
(64-bit). However, grass70 is changing quite fast and some times there
are problems.

Kind regards, Nikos