[GRASS-user] Error setting region: child process exited abnormally

kat at gnuffy.net kat at gnuffy.net
Wed Jul 1 06:59:51 EDT 2009

Hi there,
I get the error message: "Error setting region: child process exited
abnormally" when I start GRASS with a certain mapset.
GRASS was up and running fine until I imported more maps into the same
location. There were no error messages when I did that.
The spearfish example opens without the error message, so I don't think it
has got something to do with gdal.

This is the error I get when I try to load a map:

GRASS 6.4.0RC4 (Global):~ > d.rast tmin
ERROR: Raster map <tmin> not found

Does anyone know where to look? Maybe a permission that is set wrongly?
The map is definitely in the folder.

I run GRASS on a Linux system btw.

Thanks Katja