[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.4.0 Windows, problem with digitizing tool

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jul 2 14:08:24 EDT 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 10:33 AM, grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:44:07 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Dominik Wiedner <dominikwiedner at web.de>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] GRASS 6.4.0 Windows, problem with digitizing
>        tool
> To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>

> Hi Guys,
>
> I've just started to use GRASS and there is one major problem, that
> bothers
> me! When I want to start creating a vector map from a raster file
> with this
> GRASS-version:  WinGRASS-6.4.0SVN-r37703-1, the digitizing tool
> within the
> wxPython GUI says, that there is no vector map selected, even if I
> did so.
>
> When I try to do the same within the Tcl/Tk GUI I can create vectors
> within
> the specified vector map, but since I want to digitize a raster
> file,this
> raster file isn't loaded as a background, even if the log window
> says so. I
> even tried to type the command by hand,but the result was the same, no
> background map!
>
> The same goes for the RC5 of GRASS 6.4.0
>
> My system config:
>
> Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Notebook
>
> AMD Turion CPU (3.4 Ghz)
> ATI Radeon Mobile Graphics
> 2GB RAM
> Windows XPwith SP2
>
> Kind regards,
> Dominik Wiedner
> --

Unfortunately, the new wxPython digitizing tool and new integrated 3D
view does not yet work with Windows. There are good people working on
it--and they could always use more help.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671