[GRASS-user] #668: export and share region settings

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 10:27:39 EDT 2009

Michael Barton wrote:
> Although I, too, was initially turned off by this, I've
> become an increasingly strong supporter of this approach
> over time. Sometimes I even think that we would be better
> off to get away from all semblance of word processor and
> graphic programs in the UI in order to make users to think
> about GIS software differently.

[straying more than slightly off-topic]
If you are a fan of the structured/sanitized approach to data management
you might enjoy the LyX word(document)-processor. It's a WYSIWYM frontend
to the LaTeX typesetting language, and to use the vernacular- it rocks.
For writing manuscripts there is little better.  http://www.lyx.org

The Help->getting started documentation is very good and will change the
way you think about writing documents.

Hamish