[GRASS-user] funding targeted GRASS bugfixing?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 3 16:51:42 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Nikos
Alexandris<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I like QGIS' bugfixing initiative [*]. I wonder if a similar attempt to
> specifically support (financially) bugfixing in GRASS (e.g. critical
> bugs, Most Wanted Enhancements) is possible/wanted/desired etc.
>
> By "is possible" I mean if funding coordinators are available to
> organise something.

If volunteers step up, yes :)

We have (not yet advertised) a new possibility to collect
donations:
http://grass.osgeo.org/donation.php

There is also a "Donate" button on the main page.
Once a significant amount is collection, we have to decide. But
more funding might be collected through a more dedicated
system like the QGIS approach. Personally, I cannot
dedicate time to that right now (overbooked),
so please help!

Markus