[GRASS-user] Problems with v.in.ogr importing shp files

Ferruccio Sarra ferruccio.sarra at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 8 13:20:27 EDT 2009

Hope John solved his issue but it's quite different from mine.
I guess the problem I'm facing with v.in.ogr function have been solved
by Jachym Cepicky (
http://n2.nabble.com/grass-gdal-ubuntu-issue-solved-(-)-td2352498.html
), whose unofficial repository hold some updated packages that seems to
work very well... Unfortunately I'm working on a 64bit pc with Ubuntu
9.04 and  no package for this configuration is available there.
I compiled a Grass 6.5 from source but really don't know on how to
compile a more recent version of gdal and even don't know exactly wich
libraries have to be updated.
Some useful suggestion on what to do to make v.in.ogr work correctly
with shp files?
Thank you in advance.
Ferro