[GRASS-user] obtaining raster map from point values

Alberto Pettazzi alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es
Tue Jul 14 08:07:25 EDT 2009

Hi Everybody!

I am trying to obtain a raster map of precipitation derived from MSG
satellite. I imported in GRASS from a txt file containing
lon-lat-precipitation values.

I used

r.in.xyz

and what I obtained is the jpeg file attached. As you can see, only a
series of dots is represented, corresponding to the
lon-lat-precipitation values contained in the file. what can I do in
order to convert the dots in something that looks more like a "cloud"?

I also tried

v.in.ascii + v.to.rast, but the result was almost identical.

Thank you,

--

Alberto Pettazzi

MeteoGalicia - Departamento de Climatología y Observación

Consellería de Medio Ambiente, Territorio e Infraestruturas

Rúa de Roma, 6

15707 Santiago de Compostela. A Coruña

Teléfono: +34-881-999646

e-mail: alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es