[GRASS-user] Convert OGR vector layer to GRASS vector map

benton101 benton.davies at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 04:13:28 EDT 2009

Markus Wrote:
>> You should use areas not boundaries. A GRASS area consists of a set of
boundaries plus a centroid. Areas without centroids are usually (part
of) isles aka holes. ... Are there lines or polygons in the shapefile to be
imported?

The shapefile that I used is a shapefile of polygons, does this pass for an
area with a centroid?

>>What v.in.ogr command did you use?

This is the command I used ... v.in.ogr --overwrite --verbose dsn=V:\lcu.shp
output=lcu

>> Have you imported boundaries or lines?
I am hoping that I have imported boundaries, can you tell from my v.in.ogr
command?

Thank You
Ben