[GRASS-user] dissolve

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 16 10:05:23 EDT 2009

Ok. I did it with:
v.extract: extracting the areas I dont want to merge
v.overlay: union the extracted with the dissolved rest

so I keep the information of the not-to-be-merged areas. Only thing is,
that I have to generate some new information for the dissolved areas. In
this case its not that necessary.

But: I am still looking for a straight way to merge some (eg. 2)
connected areas and keep the information of one of them!

achim