[GRASS-user] d.vect icon question

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 14:27:51 EDT 2009

yes, see  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/IconSymbols

> > if so, in which directory should I put the icon I want
> to represent?
>
> Although I am no expert in this field, I think /etc/symbol
> under your local grass installation is the directory of your
> interest.

lib/symbol/README in the source code says:
"Symbol drawing commands are stored in a text file (one file
 for each symbol) which are located in
 $GISBASE/etc/symbol/group/name or mapset/symbol/group/name

 S_read() searches first in mapsets and then in $GISBASE
 (symbol names in $GISBASE may be overidden by symbols of the
 same group/name in mapset)."

Hamish