[GRASS-user] i.atcorr - help, please

Stefan Sylla stefansylla at gmx.de
Tue Jul 21 02:17:04 EDT 2009

Hi Michal,

I have been doing atmospheric correction on Aster-Images lately, what kind
of imagery are you using?

mike_woods wrote:

> Welcome everybody.
> I am a complete novice in GRASS and I'd be grateful, if one could take me
> through the procedure of i.atcorr module. I have so far prepared text file
> with parameters described in GRASS help resource, but I found some info
> that
> I need some additional data (DEM and DN-radiance conversion?).

DN-radiance conversion is quite easy. You can do this with r.mapcalc. The
conversion-formula can be looked up in the Handbook of the
Satellite-Platform. But normally it is "(DN value - 1) * unit conversion
coefficient".

Greetings
Stefan