[GRASS-user] Raster histogram or r.info for raster min/max values

Frank Bilki fbilki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 03:12:43 EDT 2009

Hello Hamish,

Thanks so much for the very comprehensive reply -- it's much
appreciated. I must confess it's a bit beyond me at the moment but I'm
sure it will make more sense over time.

The distinction between the default region and the individual scenes
is very good to know - thank you. I had set the default region to the
native resolution of the scenes and extents of the entire mosaic, but
perhaps it would be better to maintain a separate region for each
scene while I'm pre-processing them?

I have been using i.landsat.rgb for display with good success, but
clipping histograms is a bit different from dark pixel correction,
which normalises the scenes in preparation for downstream calculations
like band ratios, classification, and so on. I've noticed i.atcorr but
such a comprehensive correction is beyond my needs (and understanding)
at the moment.

Thanks again. I will now go away and carefully contemplate your
answers before continuing ... which will no doubt raise the next set
of questions!

Cheers,

Frank