[GRASS-user] v.proj help

Gustavo Espinoza gaespin07 at earlham.edu
Thu Jul 23 08:45:12 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to make a map of points from a CSV file. I have imported the
file using v.in.ascii and the map displays correctly. My problem is that it
uses a different coordinate system than another map that I am trying to
incorporate it with. I tried to reproject the point map to my other map
using v.proj but when I display the both of them together they are still in
different coordinate systems. I don't know if I am going about this the
wrong way or if there is a step I am missing. I would greatly appreciate any
response as this has been the source of my frustration. Thank you,

Gustavo Espinoza