[GRASS-user] Help needed with exporting GRASS 6.4.0 vector files

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 24 11:51:10 EDT 2009

All:

I have GRASS 6.4.0 vector maps (polygons) that I have digitized, which I
need to export to ASCII with both attributes and (lat-long) boundary
vertices. I need to subsequently reformat the data to a some
non-standard ascii format. How do I do this?

I can use db.select to easily get the attribute data; I can also use
v.out.ascii to do this. I can also use v.out.ascii with
"format=standard" to get the lat-long pairs. Of course the problem is
getting the attribute data reliably associated with the lat-long pair
data. It's not a problem for me to write a script to reformat the ascii
data into the format I need, I'm just wondering how to best get the data
in *some* ascii format that I can reliably deal with.

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams