[GRASS-user] r.watershed crashing grass.

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 10:04:06 EDT 2009

> Hamish said this is a generic memory problem on MS windows
> (vista).

eh? my point was mearly that there are some existing memory bugs
which haven't been fixed yet as they only present themselves when
run under MS Windows, and we are just starting to discover those
as more people try native WinGrass.

I've got no idea if this problem belongs to that class or not,
nor if XP vs. Vista makes any difference to GRASS. Just that
Valgrind is a nice tool for helping to deal to bugs stemming
from memory code mistakes, or clearing that as a suspected
cause.

Hamish