[GRASS-user] g.manual tries to run C:\Program Files\Internet Exporer\iexplore (the 'L' is missing from 'Explorer')

Frank Bilki fbilki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 01:47:56 EDT 2009

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the suggestion and the link to the changeset. It turns out I had
already made that change, having also discovered grass64.bat after editing
grass.bat.

That particular command was commented out in my version; I tried
un-commenting it but I still got the same error.

The relevant contents of my two batch files are:

C:\OSGeo4W\bin\grass64.bat
--------------------------
rem Path to your web browser
rem set GRASS_HTML_BROWSER=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE

I also tried changing the above statement to:
set GRASS_HTML_BROWSER=%PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

but I still got the same error.

C:\OSGeo4W\etc\ini\grass.bat
----------------------------
set GRASS_HTML_BROWSER=%PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\iexplore

I can confirm that grass.bat is executed, but it also appears to be
overridden by grass64.bat (I can tell because the g.manual error contains
"iexplorer.exe" rather than just "iexplore").

After some investigation I also found another copy of grass64.bat at
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\bin, however the second copy does not appear to be
executed and is missing several statements.

The operation and purpose of all the batch files isn't clear to me at the
moment but I will help where I can to diagnose the problem.

Cheers,

Frank

Message: 2