[GRASS-user] r.watershed negative values in flow accumulation

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 07:24:34 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I found a strange result runnig r.watershed . There are _many_ negative
values in flow accumulation obtained with Multiple Flow Direction
algorithm (MFD, f flag). I compared with the accumulation map obtained
with r.terraflow. It is surprising to see that with r.terraflow there
are very few negative values. How is it possible? Is the algorithm (MFD)
the same? How is the true result?

I'm runnig Grass 6.5 svn on Ubuntu 8.04 - 64 bit.

Command lines:

r.watershed -f elevation=elev1 at ex_20 accumulation=accumulation_MFD
convergence=5 memory=300

r.terraflow elevation=elev1 at ex_20 filled=filled_terraflow
direction=dir_terraflow swatershed=swa_terraflow
accumulation=acc_terraflow tci=tci d8cut=infinity memory=300
STREAM_DIR=/var/tmp stats=/home/margherita/terraflow_stats.out

Thank you in advance.

margherita

--
Eng. Margherita Di Leo
Ph.D. Student

University of Basilicata
Campus Macchia Romana
85100 - Potenza
Italy

Office: +39-0971205363
Fax: +39-0971205160
E-mail: dileomargherita AT gmail DOT com
Skype: dileomargherita