[GRASS-user] Horton's streams order - has it sense?

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Tue Jul 28 12:57:17 EDT 2009

Hi list!

I've just thinked how to create horton stream order based on my module
strahler module and accumulation file. Hortons stream order differs
sligty form strahler order, see for example here fig. 1 page 78
http://iahs.info/hsj/134/134008.pdf

Because I have some tests results from some of you (many thanks for your
courage) i'm about to finish module, modify code to meet grass
requiments and officialy anouce it on grass-dev, but If I will add
horton stream order it  will may take a bit more time.

So I have 2 question  about that (horton):

Did you think taht horton stream order has already sense (it is almost
not in use)

Does any body know any program (commercial or not) which calculate
horton's stream order

Thanks for ansvers
Jarek