[GRASS-user] how to calculate area of voronoi polygons considering the boundary of the catchment

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Jul 28 17:15:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:24:19 -0700 (PDT)
daljeet <sachdev_dj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> //d.vect Ind_rain_orig
> //The  Ind_rain_orig looks like this - when the region is set to
> vector of Kerala
> //g.region vect=ker_rain_v
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3345107/Ind_rain_orig_reg_ker.png
>
> But when the region is set to Ind_adm2_v (whole  country) the image
> is like //g.region vect=Ind_adm2_v
> //d.vect Ind_rain_orig
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3345107/Ind_rain_orig_reg_adm2.png

Since you seem to have a rigid matrix of data points, what's the
purpose of the voronoi polygons??
Can't you just run v.surf.rst to get a rain_info raster surface, then
r.contour to make your isohyetal lines? Finallly v.rast.stats will add
columns to the vector table with all the rainfall statistics.