SV: Re: [GRASS-user] Weighted Voronoi diagram

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 05:37:25 EDT 2009

Dear all,

sorry for picking this up so late, I just got around
to reading through the latest 1100 list posts for the
first time in weeks!

I have recently updated r.xtent and made it a lot more
robust, fixing all known issues:

http://www.quantarch.org/files/r.xtent.tar.gz

You will have to compile it yourself as explained on
the GRASS add-ons page:

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns

No binaries yet and no time to create any, sorry.

The new version also includes normalization of the
weight attribute [0..1] which is very important for
stable model behavior.

I have removed all options for automatic generation
of cost surfaces, as those were clunky calls to
the r.walk and r.cost modules which did nothing
except complicate the r.xtent user interface.
You now have to generate your own cost surfaces
(if needed) for each site and put the name of the
cost surface map for the site into the site map
attribute table.

Pathways and boundaries are working again. Note,
however that when you add line features to raster
cost maps, there will be diagonal gaps between
the cells that make up the line if it "bends" in
any direction. To close those, use:

http://www.quantarch.org/files/r.burn.frict.sh

Otherwise, the cost surface algorithm will "slip"
through the gaps ...

Note that the HTML manual page is now out-of-date
the only current information is in the r.xtent
program options.

I would like to commit r.xtent to the GRASS Add-ons
repository some time, but it cannot go there until
the HTML manual page has been revised. I don't have
any time to do that right now, so if anyone feels
like helping with that, I'd be very grateful.

Best,

Ben

Leonidas Liakos wrote:
> You have to ask Benjamin for a copy of r.xtent.
>
> --- Στις Κυρ., 26/07/09, ο/η Lars Forseth <lars.forseth at ntfk.no> έγραψε:
>
>> Από: Lars Forseth <lars.forseth at ntfk.no>
>> Θέμα: SV: Re: [GRASS-user] Weighted Voronoi diagram
>> Προς: "Leonidas Liakos" <leonidas_liakos at yahoo.gr>, "GRASS user list" <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>, "MORREALE Jean Roc" <jr.morreale at enoreth.net>
>> Ημερομηνία: Κυριακή, 26 Ιούλιος 2009, 20:45
>> Hi!
>> Is this extension (r.xtent) available for general use? (I
>> would like to apply the xtent methodolgy on the large mounds
>> and the iron age political landscape of power In Trondelag,
>> Norway)
>>
>> Regards
>> Lars Forseth
>>
>> ---------------------------