[GRASS-user] mask problem

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 1 05:50:14 EDT 2009

Stefanie:
> I’m working with a mask to cut the extent of my raster data (dem). I
> also have point vector data which lies also outside my mask.

> Now I want to do the v.what.rast module to get elevation data into my
> vector data table. What can I do to also get the elevation data of the
> raster outside the mask??

1. Be sure you have matched the "active" region to the queried raster.
E.g.: "g.region rast=dem", perhaps with "-a" flag

2. Remove the MASK! Alternatively, if the MASK is big and takes a long
time to rebuild, just rename it temporarily for example with "g.rename
rast=MASK,temp_MASK"

Then the points lying outside of the MASK should be updated as well.
Kind regards, Nikos