[GRASS-user] v.patch drops adjacent polygons

A. Marcia BARBOSA anamarciabarbosa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:40:44 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to v.patch two contiguous UTM 10*10-km grid maps, but the
polygons in the zones of contact between these maps do not appear in
the output map... I understand I would have to v.clean the output map
to eliminate overlapping boundaries, but I don't even get the chance
to do it, as the polygons whose boundaries would overlap are excluded
for some reason.

I've tried using v.overlay (with "or") instead, but I would prefer
v.patch, which maintains the structure of the table instead of filling
it with "a_cat", "b_cat", "a_this" and "b_that".

Any ideas? Thanks,
Márcia