[GRASS-user] v.patch drops adjacent polygons

A. Marcia BARBOSA anamarciabarbosa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:13:08 EDT 2009

> Maybe try "g.region vect=VECT1,VECT2 -pa" first?

$ g.region vect=utm10_3132,utm10_3334 -pa
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      72:05:59.093822N
south:      27:05:23.340961N
west:       11:59:34.415498E
east:       12:00:22.032E
nsres:      0:00:47.615561
ewres:      0:00:47.616502
rows:       3403
cols:       1
cells:      3403

I don't quite see the point, I must confess... And I've tried to
v.patch again after restarting the program (often works, at least on
windows) and doing the g.region -pa, but still the contigous areas are
left out of the result... Any other ideas?

I do find it strange that the N-S and the E-W resolutions are similar,
but there's only 1 column vs. 3403 rows. I don't think this should
have any influence on vector commands, though. I created the mapset
with the QGIS GRASS plugin and set the extent to Italy, but the raster
resolution was set by itself.

Any ideas welcome! Cheers,
Márcia