[GRASS-user] RE: Network Analysis output in GRASS

Donald Catanzaro, PhD don.catanzaro.ccm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:50:04 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am returning to GRASS after a 10 year hiatus and I must say that I am
impressed !

I am working on some simple network analysis (road distances from a
point) and want the output to appear as concentric rings.  I think I
need to use v.net.iso on my road network but  it appears from the manual
that the output from v.net.iso is a line file.  I'd like to push that
out to a polygon to get concentric rings so it looks like I need a few
more processing steps.

Like I said, it has been a long while since my GRASS4.0/4.1 days - what
would people suggest using to push the output of v.net.iso out to a
polygon ?  v.surf.idw, v.surf.icw, v.hull ?  Aren't these all point
interpolations and I need to interpolate from lines ?

Thanks in advance !

-Don