[GRASS-user] exponentiation with v.db.update

A. Marcia BARBOSA anamarciabarbosa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:56:35 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to populate a column with 10 raised to the power of the
values in another column:

v.db.update map=ItaReg column=x qcolumn=10^logx

but I get a dbmi protocol error. I've tried using either single or
double quotes with no success. If I use a combination of both, i.e.
"qcolumn= ' 10^logx ' " it doesn't report any error, but doesn't do
the operation either (the column remains unchanged).

It works fine for other operations (e.g. 10*logx), though. Is there
another way in which I should specify the exponentiation?

Thanks,
Marcia