[GRASS-user] Can I just get rid of Wish?

Michael Margolis mmargoli at gettysburg.edu
Tue Jun 9 13:58:40 EDT 2009

Many thanks to all who responded. Installing TclTk 8.5 put an end to the
prior problem.

Unfortunately, I then got Nick's problem -- impossible to resize a window,
plus some freezes. So I tried something evidently more severe than I had
realized -- resetting GRASS_GUI to wxPtyhon. I probably did this with the
g.gisenv command, although I'm not sure. Anyway, when I attempt to launch I
now get

ERROR: Invalid user interface specified - <wxPython>.
Use the --help option to see valid interface names.
logout

[Process completed]

The terminal window displaying that message accepts no further input. I
can't figure out how to use that --help option, or how to change GRASS_GUI
without being able to start GRASS. I reinstalled to no avail.

How do I fix this? And then, how can set it up for wxPython?

Thanks much
Michael