[GRASS-user] RE:grass confignation

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 9 15:00:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 9:36 AM, maven apache<apachemaven0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In fact I have create two folder nlocation and nmapset in the hiberarchy of
> (nlocation/nmapset),then I start the grass with the gui ,I got the error
> messgae that I am mot clear?....

Please (re)post the error.

> 1) I want to know the relation of the grassrc file and the  contere location
> or mapset ? Which should be created frist?

The grassrc is created by GRASS.

> 2) If I do my process in the gui ,then should I do the g.region process?

You can control g.region either from command line of through the GUI.

> 3) Some data which can be displayed in the grass gui can not exported
> perfectly,most of them contains only black blank after exproted.....
> Thanks!

If you speak about raster maps then first run

g.region rast=yourmap

then export. Otherwise the current region part is exported which
does not necessarily match the map.

Markus