[GRASS-user] ps.map area fill pattern location variable

John A Stevenson john.stevenson at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jun 10 08:27:00 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm making a map with postscript fill patterns using the vareas option
in ps.map.

In the wiki pages, the path to the fill patterns is:

$GISBASE/etc/paint/patterns/diag_up.eps

But when I use that in the script, the $GISBASE variable is not expanded and I get the error:

can't open eps file <$GISBASE/etc/paint/patterns/diag_up.eps>

The file does exist and can be accessed at the location from the GRASS prompt.

Why doesn't ps.map expand the variable?

Cheers

John

--